- Can a single person submit more than one session?
Yes. You can submit as many sessions as you wish.
- When submitting a session should it be to the BMC Exchange nearest to me?
Yes, ideally it should be for the BMC Exchange taking place in your country.
- Can I submit on behalf of someone else?
Yes, but you must have all the speaker’s information, including email address, to submit.
- If I submit for someone else, will I be notified of the status?
Yes, there is a field to enter a secondary email address that will also receive all notifications.
- What happens if I miss the July 31 deadline?
DON’T! The deadline for submissions will NOT be extended.
- How will I know if my presentation was accepted?
All parties will be notified regarding the status of their submission by mid-September.
- Will there be alternate sessions?
Yes, a few submitted sessions will be held as alternates. In the event that an accepted presentation is removed from the agenda and an opening occurs, the alternate will be notified that their session has been moved to a confirmed slot and further instructions will be provided at that time.
- What if I find I can’t attend the conference after my session was accepted?
Notify the BMC Exchange Speaker Manager at email@example.com as soon as you know that you will be unable to present.
- Can someone else in my company take my speaking slot if needed?
Yes, if they can present the same material in the original submission. The new person’s contact information, speaker bio, and photo headshot will be required as soon as the change takes place and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If I’m accepted, what happens next?
You will receive notification of your acceptance and shortly thereafter, your conference registration information. The BMC Speaker Manager will be in touch regularly with updates for you, along with a schedule of steps and deadlines. Please note: You will need to provide a headshot photograph (for use in our online session catalog) within one week of your acceptance.
- How much time will be allocated for each session?
Each session will be 25 minutes in duration, including time for Q&A.
- When will I have to submit my actual presentation?
The BMC Speaker Manager will communicate all deadlines and deliverables.
- Will a BMC Exchange presentation template be provided for me to use?
Yes, BMC Exchange 2017 will provide a pre-built presentation template to use for presentations. Alternately, customers can utilize their own templates with conference approval.
- Can I use a presentation application other than Microsoft® PowerPoint®?
Yes, other presentation applications can be used. Prior notification to the Speaker Manager is required.
- Can I use my own computer or will one be provided?
A laptop will be provided with all the presentations pre-loaded to enable smooth transitions between sessions. If a presenter wishes, they can use their own laptop instead. Prior notification to the Speaker Manager is required.